Eldership grows in part from having experienced the issues yourself, having known yourself as both victim and oppressor. – Arnold Mindell
Relationships are an interplay of yearning desire and personal fulfilment. – Alan Richardson
It is never to late to be what you might have been. – George Elliot
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
In seeking comfort, we generally find a quiet corner in life where there is a minimum of conflict, and then we are afraid to step out of that seclusion. – Jiddu Krishnamurti
Relationship Therapy Training
Advanced Practitioner Certificate in Process-oriented Relationship Therapy and Couples CounsellingApply
Relationship Therapy Training
Advanced Practitioner Certificate in Process-oriented Relationship Therapy and Couples Counselling
“There is no house like the house of belonging.” – David Whyte
Alan brings an intensive training in Relationship Therapy and Couples Counselling for practicing therapists. This training will be held in Pune, India and will explore relationship dynamics in the rich and diverse relational tapestry.
The training will be held in three, 4-day intensives over a period of 9 months. Each in-person intensive will be followed by fortnightly online meetings.
If you are working with couples, families, children, or individuals with relationship issues, this training will help enhance your skills.
For more details, click here.
Alan Richardson is a psychologist, psychotherapist, educator and supervisor based in Brisbane, Australia.
He is an accomplished therapist and educator who teaches relationship therapy, counselling, and supervision subjects in universities and courses internationally. More recently, he developed an essential approach to ethics-informed practice for counselling issues and created the theory and practice of Process-oriented Supervision.
Over the last 40 years, Alan’s experience and skill are spread across many areas of clinical psychology practice and training of professionals. He started the Centre for Psychotherapy, Couples Counselling & Research in 2001 as counselling and training clinic.
His experience and qualifications are listed below.
- Registered Psychologist in private practice
- Clinic Director – Centre for Psychotherapy, Couples Counselling & Research
- Accredited Supervisor of Australian Psychologists
- Trainer member of the Australian Association of Supervisors
- Lecturer of counselling & supervision subjects at Masters level
- International Trainer in Process-oriented Psychology
- Developer of Process-oriented Ethics – a therapeutic basis for Ethical Concerns
- Member of the International Psychotherapy Ethics Board
- Convenor of International Training Council (IAPOP)
- Governance Council for Gestalt Therapy (Australia)
Author of a book chapter on Process-oriented supervision:
- Richardson, A. & Hands, P. (2002). Supervision using Process-oriented Psychology Skills. In M. McMahon & W. Patton (Eds.), Supervision in the helping professions: A practical guide. Melbourne: Pearson Education Australia.
Process Oriented Ethics
To book a session…